software engineer technology leader experience crafter
What I do
I’m an experienced technology leader currently working in the EdTech space. As a software engineer and a manager
I have built all sorts of projects, from small minisites to large SaaS applications. There are a few things I’ve
learned along the way:
- A successful project starts with the right goals. Set the stage by defining engineering
standards. Swagger documents. Performance expecataions. Testing methods.
- Right-sized architecture is key. For small projects with low usage, don’t overcomplicate
it. Maybe static storage for a few dollars a month is perfect. As it gets larger, understanding and provisioning the right
cloud services becomes critical. There are many options, and choosing the right ones will keep your application running
smoothly and can save tens of thousands of dollars every year.
- Security and privacy are not an afterthought. What is the worst thing that could happen if a
hacker got to my data? The reality is that it’s probably worse than that. Don’t mess this up.
- Have empathy for your users. Every work ticket should also consider the question, “How does this
affect my users?”
How I do it
Who I have helped
- Warner Bros.
- Bank of America
- Merrill Lynch
- Miami Dolphins
- Green Bay Packers
- San Diego Padres
- …and so many more!
What I have earned
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA Project+
- Oracle Database SQL Certified Associate
- Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Associate